5 reasons why Smaps rocked our world
Here’s five reasons on why Smaps rocked our world -
- Smaps was designed to be simple and intuitive.
- Smaps is blazzingly fast. We worked really really hard at making the predictive search fast and it paid off.
- Smaps was built to scale. The site has been running off only a few servers and managed to handle peak traffic of over 65K users in one day. (This happened on the day Smaps was mentioned in the Trade Me newsletter.)
- Smaps was built on an open source stack – ruby on rails, postgres, apache / lighttpd running on windows and later ubuntu.
- Trade Me backed a small team – ProjectX and we prove together could build world class technology from Wellington.